Saturday, March 17, 2012

Febuary 10, 2012 - DIA Observaton Reflection

The EL teacher was present for all of class.

I consider her to be a Emotional-Objective Person

Students worked on individual late assignments for other classes.
Qualities: EL teacher had frequent interaction with the students, encouraging them to work hard.

Management Process: The EL teacher is communicative, and sensitive to the students.

Values: The EL teacher connects well wtih others.

Functions: The EL teacher  communicates , motivates, and moves the students work forward.

Interpersonal Relationships: The EL teacher was verbally expressive, and was relatively aware of the students feelings.

Factors that cause stress: The EL teacher seems repetitive in her ideas.

It is difficult to evaluate the EL teacher from a teacher standpoint because she is acting as a support to the students, not really teaching anything new on Fridays.

The aid was involved with timed reading assessments. I observed this process after the EL teacher left the building.

This experience has been a little discouraging, I was hoping to see more interaction between the students and the teacher.


I observed some language practice opportunities in writing through student based projects and poem writing activities.  I witnessed some degree of adaptation of content for different levels of student proficiency when assignments were adjusted to meet individual needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment