Saturday, March 17, 2012

February 24, 2012 - DIA Observation #3

Today I assisted a student to complete a literacy project for his Language Arts class.

I helped a student write and review his book of poems.

I provided scaffolding and tried to assist and support the student he worked.  I enjoyed my time with him. He seemed motivated to complete his project. He practiced English writing skills. I worked with him on correct sentence structure and poem structure. I encouraged him to use his background experiences and interests to complete the project. We worked on vocabulary building skills, simple sentence structure, and reviewed various types of poems and how he might write those different styles. I tried to provide clear explanations of the academic tasks he was required to do.  I amputated the level of difficulty and worked from a writing and vocabulary level he seemed comfortable with. It was a great visit at DIA today!

No comments:

Post a Comment